FinTech System Design414 2021-05-21 16:40
If you are a technology worker in the FinTech industry and wondering what is happening under the hood, this is the best-in-class sources for you!
We will go through a series of building blocks of modern financial systems, following these design principles:
- async a lot: calls to various value networks are time-consuming in their own ways, so that we have use async design to improve the user experience and decouple complex dependencies.
- horizontal scalable: developers are more expensive than machines.
- modularization: we design individual modules that could start as components living in the same runtime but could evolve into standalone services when the system scales.
Here is the table of contents:
- Centralized Finance
- Decentralized Finance
- Case Study
- PCI DSS
- QR Codes (https://www.w3.org/Payments/WG/)
- EMVCo QR code specifications and use cases https://www.w3.org/2020/Talks/emvco-qr-20201021.pdf
- China Union Pay QR code use cases http://www.w3.org/2020/Talks/unionpay-qr-20201021.pptx
- Open Banking
- Web Monetization
- Real-time Payments (RTP) and bill pay
Goal: eliminate checkout forms
- faster and easier than cards and cash
- privacy and security by design